There are numerous options for generators in the market. It’s really confusing to pick the best one for yourself.
So, which is the best 12000-Watt Portable Generator?
The Pulsar G12KBN generator will provide you with the best value for money. It has the longest runtime among its competitors. As a budget-friendly option, Durostar DS12000EH is the best portable generator. This generator is also very lightweight. And if you need a high-powered generator with a better engine, the Champion 100111 generator is the best one.
To know more about them, keep reading and make an informed buying decision.
- 1 3 Best 12000-Watt Portable Generators
- 2 02. Durostar DS12000EH Generator – Best Budget-friendly Generator
- 3 03. Champion Power Equipment 100111 – Best for Power and Safety
- 4 Portable Generator Buying Guide
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- 6 Conclusion
3 Best 12000-Watt Portable Generators
If you are looking for a 12000-watt generator for your house these are the best options you can go for.
01. Pulsar G12KBN Generator- Best Value for Money
The Pulsar G12KBN Generator will provide you with the longest runtime among its competitors including Durostar and Champion. You will get a runtime of 12 hours in half-load with only 8 gallons of gasoline.
The G12KBN is equipped with a powerful 457cc, 4-stroke, that is designed for durability and efficiency which was very impressive to me. Surely, it is one of the best dual-fuel generators.
In comparison to this generator, the other competitors including Durostar and Champion provide less runtime. With gasoline, this generator provides a 12 kW peak and 9.5 kW of running watts which is similar to its competitor Durostar but less than Champion.
A Pulsar 12,000-watt generator is only 205 lb which is very easy to move from one place to another. And its noise level is only 74 dBA. However, you can reduce the generator noise further manually.
- The dual fuel power source provides more flexibility to choose the source and it is eco-friendly.
- Low weight and ergonomic handle make it easy to move
- The push start feature makes it easy to turn on the generator.
- The noise level is very low.
- Some users complain about getting inconsistent power output.
02. Durostar DS12000EH Generator – Best Budget-friendly Generator
The Durostar DS12000EH generator has a similar peak and running wattage to its competitor Pulsar G12KBN. The engine power of these two generators is also similar. However, it has a lower price range than the Pulsar generator.
The feature I liked most about this generator is, the whole body construction is metallic so you can be assured of its durability. This portable generator is also lighter-weight than its competitor Champion.
The most significant problem I faced with this generator is its runtime. It has a lower runtime than its competitors Pulsar and Champion. Also, the unprotected sockets and lack of direct USB charging cable for sensitive devices felt problematic to me.
- Makes low noise
- Very durable due to the metal body
- Long-term warranty
- Unprotected sockets can cause electrical hazards
- No direct USB cables for sensitive devices.
03. Champion Power Equipment 100111 – Best for Power and Safety
The Champion power equipment 100111 generator has a 717cc V-Twin engine which is more powerful than its competitors’ Pulsar and Durostar. It has a starting power of 15,000 watts and a running power of 12,000 watts which is also greater than the competitors.
The best thing about the Champion 100111 to me is its Volt Guard™ feature. It is a built-in surge protector in this generator that protects the devices from voltage spikes and overload. You won’t find this feature in Durostar and Pulsar.
Unlike Durostar, all the ports of this generator are protected with protection cover for maximum safety.
And obviously, the brand reputation of Champion Generators is nothing new. Whether you look for the best 5000-watt generator or a 12000, Champion is always on the list.
However, all these great features come with a big price range. This product is also heavier and bigger than its competitors Durostar and Pulsar.
- Provides more output power
- Comparatively powerful engine
- Protects sensitive divides
- Protective covers in ports provide safety
- Very expensive
- Heavier than competitors so less portability
Portable Generator Buying Guide
While buying a portable generator, here are some things that you must consider.
- List the devices you want to run your generator with and sum up the power needed. And then choose a generator that can deliver enough power for your needs.
- Choose between gasoline, propane, or dual-fuel generators, depending on your preferences, fuel cost, and the availability of fuel in your area.
- Look for a generator with long runtime. that can back up your devices for extended periods without the need for refueling.
- Check the noise level of the generator and try to choose one with a lower noise level to avoid noise pollution.
- Look for generators with built-in safety features, such as circuit breakers, voltage regulation, and covered ports.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Can I Run A Generator For 12 Hours?
Yes, you can run a generator for 12 hours or even more if you keep refilling enough fuel. A portable generator is designed to run up to 2,000 hours in total depending on the quality.
What Does Champion Generator Warranty Cover?
The three years warranty of the Champion generator covers the repair or replacement of mechanical and electric components. If you use the generator for commercial or industrial use, you will get the same service for only 270 days.
Will A 12000-Watt Portable Generator Run AC?
Yes, a 12000-watt portable generator can run an AC up to 2.5 tons. But you can not use any other devices with the same generator. If you have an AC bigger than 2.5 tons, you have to buy a standby AC with a higher power.
My discussion on the best 12000-Watt Portable Generator ends here. I hope this article will help you choose the right portable generator for your needs. So, decide on the features according to your priority, and buy the generator.
That’s all for now. Goodbye!